In keeping with the stated goals of the Prize:
- The Michael Ramsey Prize for 2019 will be awarded to the author of a theological work that is judged to advance theology and make a serious contribution to the faith and life of the worldwide Church.
- The book must be by a living author, and must have been first published between January 2015 and December 2017.
- The Michael Ramsey Prize is for sustained treatment of a theological theme by a maximum of three authors therefore multi-author works by more than three authors will not be considered.
- While publications arising from doctoral studies will be considered, they must be submitted by publishers with clear review procedures.
- With regret we can only accept nominations for books that are available in English.
- The Prize is £10,000 and is awarded to the author(s) of the winning work. The author(s) of each other shortlisted title will be awarded £1,000.
- The judging panel is appointed by the Archbishop of Canterbury. The judges' decision is final.
- Books must be nominated through the form on the Michael Ramsey Prize website.
- Each publisher of a shortlisted title must agree to:
- Ensure that the physical book (paperback or hardcover) is available for retail priced under £25;
- supply 10 copies of the book, to be used for judging and for promoting the book and the Prize;
- secure the attendance of the author at the prize-giving ceremony to be held at the Greenbelt Festival near Kettering, England, during the weekend of Saturday 24th to Sunday 25th August 2019. Where authors are attending the ceremony from overseas, publishers should be prepared to fund the author's expenses; in exceptional cases the Lambeth Fund may be prepared to offer a contribution.
- Ensure shortlisted/winning authors are available wherever possible for other public appearances and events to promote the book and the Michael Ramsey Prize, signings, online discussions and academic/educational events;
- acknowledge the Michael Ramsey Prize in subsequent reprints, paperback editions and any point-of-sale material for the winning book. The Michael Ramsey Prize will provide stickers and flyers for shortlisted and winning books.